Privates / Small Group Session
The coaching staff at the Compound is available for personalized instruction, training, and video analysis as well as small group partner sessions. This personalized instruction has been developed in response to the increasing interest and desire among students and small groups for supplemental instruction outside of the classes provided that the Compound. These sessions are personally tailored to a particular student’s need for concentration on technical and mental instruction. We are also available for video review sessions to help prepare out students to excel at the highest level of the sport.
A student is encouraged to prepare for participation in personalized individual or group lessons by deciding the area of concentration for development before the beginning of personalized lessons. An instructor can then create a plan to accelerate and enhance the student’s development and/or abilities based on the student’s goals. Alternately, for young students or a student that does not have a specific training goal in mind, an instructor will build the personalized lesson plan around core technique that takes into account a student’s style of wrestling and/or area in need of improvement. Please note that video sessions do not include mat wrestling, conditioning, or drilling and that video sessions are not available for groups.
Types of lessons:
- One-on-One: 1 hour session
- Private lesson (with partner): 1 hour session
- Group of 4-6: 1 hour session
- One-on-One: 30 min session
- Private lesson (with partner): 30min session
Cost: Annual members receive 15% discount
- One-on-One (wrestler and coach): $100.00 per 1 hour session $60 per 30 minutes – Set up a session NOW!
- Private lesson : 1hr $60.00 per person 30 min $45 per person (have to bring a partner) – Set up a session NOW!
- Small Group private of 4-6: $45.00 per student per 1 hour session (have to bring a partner) – Set up a session NOW!
- If a package of 4 lessons is purchased a 5th lesson will be given at no cost (in a 28 day period)
- Lessons, whether individual or group, expire 4 weeks (28 days) from the date when the first of the 2 or 4 lessons is taught.
- All four lessons must be redeemed within four weeks (28 days) from the date when the first of the four lessons is taught.
- Lesson packages will not be oversold. However staff is not responsible for an occasion when a 2 or 4 lesson package has been purchased by a student that does not schedule the date and time for each of the four lessons at the time of purchase.
- If a student does not schedule each of the four lessons at the time of purchase or repeatedly cancels scheduled lessons and is unable to redeem the lessons within the allotted 4 weeks (28 days) the student is not entitled to a refund or extension.
- There will be no refunds or extensions granted for lessons not redeemed within the 4 week (28 days) period.
Lessons must be cancelled a full 24 hours in advance of the date and time scheduled or the lesson will be considered redeemed.
- A “no-show,” whether for an individual lesson or for a member of a group, is considered a lesson redeemed.
- Students must arrive and depart on time since a lesson begins and ends at precisely the scheduled time. If a student arrives late for a lesson, the instruction time will not run over the designated hour to make up for lost time.
- Appointments for lessons are allotted on a first come, first served basis.
- Compound instructors will be available for lessons during designated days and times only.
- Parents and students are responsible for deciding and coordinating workout partners among student members for groups of 2-3 and 4-6.
- Parents and students are responsible for deciding and coordinating the time and attendance among student members of groups of 2-3 and 4-6.
Purchasing and scheduling private or small group sessions:
- To schedule personalized lessons please email an instructor.
- To cancel a previously scheduled personalized lesson, please email the appropriate instructor. Please keep in mind that lessons must be cancelled a full 24 hours in advance of the date and time scheduled or the lesson will be considered redeemed.
- In the initial email, provide the scheduling coordinator with the type of lesson you would like to purchase (e.g., a package of four individual or focus group lessons or a video analysis session).
- Provide the scheduling coordinator with the name of the student(s), the program the student(s) is(are) enrolled in at Compound, and a description of what the lesson goal(s) or area(s) for development and instruction is.
- Reserve the date and time of each of the four lessons to be completed within the 4 week (28 days) period at the time of scheduling.
- Payment in full for a package of four personalized lessons or a video analysis session is due to the Compound instructor at the time of the first session. If paying by check, checks are to be made out to Compound Wrestling.
- Personalized lessons will not be available on any standard holidays, including Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, etc., or if an Compound instructor is out of town for travel.