Pete Yates is a Georgia native that brings a host of top level competition and coaching to the CMP Staff. A 3X Georgia State Champion and 2X NCAA All American puts Pete in an elite category in Georgia wrestling history.
His deep understanding of high level technique and young energy are a perfect fit for the Compound Wrestling coaching staff. Pete is one of the several talented resident coaches at CMP Buford and is a large contributor of our technique systems of wrestling.
A standout at Salem High School, Pete Yates was a 2x NCAA All-American for Virginia Tech and a mutliple time ACC Champion.
As the head wrestling coach of CMP Camps Pete is the architect of our systems of wrestling. We are constantly revising, adding and progressing our technical systems to work on the highest level in our sport in all styles. Coach Yates although relatively young in the coaching game has an in-depth knowledge of the sport and spends countless hours improving the CMP Camp product.
- 2012-2013: 2x NCAA All-American at 165 lbs.
- 2012-2013: 2X Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) champion at 165 lbs.
- 2013: Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Wrestler of the Year
- College: 3x NCAA Qualifier
- College: 131 career wins – 2nd most in VT history
- High School: A 3x State Champ with a career record of 161-1.